Understanding the Lingo
Drapery linings do so much more than add to the structure of the curtain panels. A fine quality drapery lining will help protect the face fabric from the sun keeping it colorfast. The insulating qualities of the various linings add keeping the home interior cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Adding an interlining (a layer of Cotton Felt between the face fabric and lining) will give you twice the protection and twice the "look". Interlined curtains are fuller and lusher than the standard lined variety.
For our Made to Measure Curtains we only use 100% Cotton Linings:
- Cotton Sateen - 100% Cotton, 7.5 Ounces in Ivory or White. Ivory is our standard. White is used when fabrics are white or very light in color.
- Interlining - 100% Cotton, 7.5 Ounces in White.
- Blackout 100 - 100% Cotton, 13.8 Ounces. This is great for Nurseries and Bedrooms when total darkness is desired.
Bracket to Bracket (B to B)
The Bracket to Bracket refers to the measurements from the first pleat to the last pleat on a drapery panel. The returns are not included in this measurement. The measurement of the B to B is the amount of coverage the panel will give when stretched out straight.
Our Made to Measure curtains use the following Bracket to Bracket measurements based on the fabric widths used in each panel:
- 1 Width = B to B 18 Inches
- 1.5 Widths = B to B 28 Inches
- 2 Widths = B to B 46 Inches
- 2.5 Widths = B to B 58 Inches
- 3 Widths = B to B 72 Inches